Russia reports 49 drones downed, Belgorod left without power after missile strike
The Russian Defence Ministry has claimed that it destroyed 49 drones over five regions, while a missile strike has reportedly caused serious damage to energy facilities in the city of Belgorod.
Source: Russian Defence Ministry; monitoring Telegram channel Exilenova+; Belgorod Oblast Governor Vyacheslav Gladkov
Details: Drones were intercepted between 20:00 and 23:00 over Bryansk, Kaluga, Tula and Ryazan oblasts as well as over the Moscow region.
Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said on Sunday afternoon that 13 drones heading towards the capital had been downed.
Restrictions have also been introduced at several Russian airports, with flights suspended in Kostroma, Yaroslavl and Nizhny Novgorod.
In addition, a missile strike caused significant damage to energy infrastructure facilities in the city of Belgorod.
Gladkov first warned of a missile threat and later said that Belgorod and the surrounding district had come under what he described as a large-scale attack.
Early reports indicated that energy infrastructure sites had been seriously damaged.
Support Ukrainska Pravda on Patreon!