Support Us


Ukrainian Foreign Minister reacts to attack on Crimean Bridge

Monday, 17 July 2023, 16:41

Dmytro Kuleba, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, has commented on the attack on the Crimean (Kerch) Bridge which took place on the night of Monday, 17 July.

Source: Kuleba in an interview with CBS

The Ukrainian minister said that he learned about the incident from the news and added that he "has no official information".

Advertisement:

Quote from Kuleba: "The truth is that one broken Russian bridge means fewer broken Ukrainian lives."

He recalled that Russia had been using this bridge to supply the Russian army in occupied Crimea and the occupied territories in Ukraine's south with additional resources. 

Background:

  • Sergey Aksyonov, so-called head of the Russian administration in occupied Crimea, said an "emergency" had occurred on the Crimean Bridge and the bridge has therefore been closed to traffic. Russian Telegram channels have reported that a span on the bridge has collapsed.
  • Ukrainska Pravda sources reported that the overnight attack on the Crimean Bridge was a special operation by the Security Service of Ukraine and the Ukrainian Navy. It was noted that the bridge was attacked using surface drones. Later, the theory that two surface drones were used was also mentioned by the Russian propaganda outlet RIA Novosti, citing the National Anti-Terrorist Committee of the Russian Federation.

Journalists fight on their own frontline. Support Ukrainska Pravda or become our patron!

Advertisement: