Support Us

Occupiers have killed a journalist for The New York Times in Irpin

Sunday, 13 March 2022, 13:47


A 51-year-old correspondent of The New York Times, US citizen Brent Renaud, has been shot dead in Irpin, Kiev region.

Source: Andrii Niebytov, head of the main department of the National Police in the Kyiv region, Anastasiia Maherramova, founder of the "Zdai blood" donor project, on Facebook.

According to Niebytov: " The invaders are even cynically killing international media journalists who are trying to report the truth about Russian troops' atrocities in Ukraine".

Details: two more correspondents have been injured in Irpin on 13 March.

According to the regional head of the National Police: "Now the injured have already been rescued from the scene and taken to a hospital in the capital. The state of health of the journalists remains unknown."

Background: On 13 March, it was reported that 70% of the city of Irpin in Kyiv Region was under Ukrainian control. Fighting continues for the remaining 30%.