Support Us

Russians in Kursk Oblast complain alleged Ukrainian air attack left people without electricity and heat

Wednesday, 3 January 2024, 09:53
Russians in Kursk Oblast complain alleged Ukrainian air attack left people without electricity and heat
Roman Starovoit. Photo: Starovoit on Telegram

The authorities of Kursk Oblast of the Russian Federation stated on the morning of 3 January that a substation and a heating pipeline had been damaged in the Zheleznogorsk district as a result of an alleged air attack by the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

Source: Roman Starovoit, governor of Kursk Oblast in the Russian Federation

Details: Starovoit said that a substation in the Zheleznogorsk district had been damaged after an air attack, causing a power outage in residential buildings in several settlements.

Advertisement:

A heating pipeline ruptured due to a voltage surge and water-hammer effect in Zheleznogorsk. Heating disappeared in 17 residential buildings of the 14th microdistrict. 

The Minister of Housing and Communal Services and Energy of Kursk Oblast, Alexander Mulevin, arrived at the scene.

Updated: At 11:00, Starovoit said that in order to safely organise the repair work, the substation in Zheleznogorsk was shut down, resulting in no power or heat supply in the city.

He promised that the emergency would be resolved within two hours.

Water supply has been arranged in Zheleznogorsk.

Background: Explosions were heard in Belgorod, Russia, on 30 December, as debris fell in the city centre after Russian air defence was activated. Russian authorities reported the death of 24 people in the city of Belgorod, with over 40 buildings damaged.

Support UP or become our patron!

Advertisement: