IRYNA BALACHUK – SUNDAY, 23 OCTOBER 2022, 12:39
Russian invaders are blocking communications and dismantling equipment from local TV centre to prevent the underground resistance from transmitting information to the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
Source: National Resistance Center (NRC)
Quote from NRC: "According to the Kherson underground [resistance - ed.], the Russians are dismantling telecommunications equipment from the telecenter. In particular, the Russian Internet provider ‘Miranda’ dismantled the central node of the TV and radio center. In the future, the Russians plan to leave the city completely without communication, television, and radio broadcasting."
Details: The underground resistance believes that, in this way, the Russians are trying to isolate Kherson informationally in order to prevent the underground resistance from transmitting information to the Armed Forces during counteroffensive actions.
The NRC urges the people of Kherson to leave the temporarily occupied territories and move to the territory controlled by Ukraine.
According to the NRC, the Russian occupiers are preparing provocations in Kherson to accuse the Ukrainian Armed Forces of war crimes.
- There were previous reports of Russian occupiers moving military equipment and personnel from the right to the left bank of the Dnipro in the Kherson Oblast, due to the recent rapid successes of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the liberation of Kherson Oblast.
- Representatives of the occupying "administration" of Kherson and Kherson Oblast stated that they plan to evacuate approximately 50-60,000 residents from four right-bank districts of the region to the left bank of the Dnipro River or Russia in connection with the alleged preparation of a counteroffensive by the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
- The Russian-appointed puppet governor of Kherson Oblast, Volodymyr Saldo, stated that the collaborationist leadership of the Kherson Oblast decided to move to the left bank in anticipation of the alleged preparation of a counteroffensive of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
- The General Staff of the Armed Forces predicted that the Russian military leadership could take experienced troops from the right bank of the Dnipro River in Kherson Oblast, and leave inexperienced recently mobilised personnel to deter the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
- President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said that the Russians had mined the dam and units of the Kakhovka Hydroelectric Power Plant and were planning to carry out a terrorist attack under a false flag [Ukraine’s - ed.].