The Russian military attacked two port civilian tugboats that were involved in the transportation of a barge with grain on the Ochakiv front [Ukraine’s south]. As a result, two people died, one wounded person was rescued, and the fate of another crew member is unknown.
Source: Operational Command South (Pivden)
Quote: "The Russian forces continue their attacks on the port infrastructure on the Ochakiv front. As a result of an attack on two port civilian tugboats that were involved in the transportation of grain barges, a fire broke out, [and] control over the vessels was lost. Two crew members were killed, one more was rescued with injuries, the fate of another is unknown".
Details: At the same time, the Defence Forces of Ukraine destroyed two barges near the Antonivka bridge in Kherson. The Russians used those barges in a pontoon crossing to get from the right bank of the Dnipro River to the left one.
Russian Ka-52 attack helicopter attacked the area of the recently liberated Nova Kamianka of Kherson Oblast. However, a little bit after that, Ukrainian anti-aircraft gunners shot it down.
During the Russian massive missile attack on the southern regions of Ukraine in the morning of 31 October, 13 X-101 type missiles launched from tactical aircraft were destroyed by Ukrainian air defence forces.
Russian forces attacked an energy infrastructure facility in the Kamianske district of Dnipropetrovsk Oblast using Shahed-136 Iranian-made kamikaze drones. No human losses were reported.
Quote: "The ship group of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, which consists of 8 ships and boats, including 2 carriers of cruise missiles, continues to hide in the missile-safe area, behind Cape Tarkhankut. Sixteen high-precision long-range Kalibr missiles are ready for combat launch.
Threats of repeated massive rocket attacks and launches of kamikaze drones are quite likely."
- On 29 October, explosions were reported in the Russian-occupied city of Sevastopol on the Crimean Peninsula. The Russian Ministry of Defence stated that the Armed Forces of Ukraine had allegedly attacked Sevastopol with drones at 04:00 on 29 October. The Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation confirmed damage to the Ivan Golubets minesweeper.
- Later, it became known that at least three ships of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, including the Admiral Makarov flagship, were damaged as a result of the unmanned surface vessel [USV] attack on 29 October.
- Russian Defence Ministry has accused the British Navy for allegedly having planned and carried out "terrorist attacks" on the Nord Stream 1 and Nord Stream 2 gas pipelines. The Ministry alleged that preparations for the "attack" on Sevastopol were carried out under the guidance of members of the British Navy, who the Russians claim are currently in the Ukrainian city of Ochakiv. The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation announced the launch of drones from aboard a civilian grain bulker in the area of Odesa, which was used as part of Black Sea Grain Initiative.
- The Russian Ministry for Foreign Affairs has announced that Russia was suspending its participation in the Black Sea Grain Initiative for an indefinite period.
- President Volodymyr Zelenskyy and Oleksii Danilov, the Secretary of the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine, called the Russians "sick" in response to Kremlin allegations that the unmanned surface vessels (USVs) that attacked Russian ships in Sevastopol on 29 October had been launched from a civilian grain bulker being used as part of the Black Sea Grain Initiative.