President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, speaking about the farewell to the representatives of the Ministry of Internal Affairs who died in Brovary, said that wartime takes away good people.
Source: President's evening address
Details: The President's address on 21 January was shorter than usual. He noted that he does not want to talk for a long time and wants to say only one thing.
Quote: "Today there was a farewell to those whose lives were taken by the helicopter crash in Brovary.
Denys Monastyrskyi, his colleagues from the ministry: Yevhen Yenin, Yurii Lubkovych, Tetiana Shutiak, Mykhailo Pavlushko, Mykola Anatskyi, Andrii Marynchenko... Guys from the crew: Oleksandr Vasylenko, Kostiantyn Kovalenko, Ivan Kasianov… A woman and a child who were just going to kindergarten in the morning ... Olena Ponomarenko, her daughter Milana.
...Denys was a professional, genuine person, exactly what the Minister of Internal Affairs should be. We lose people every day, whom we will always remember and regret not being able to bring back."
Details: He called on Ukrainians to feel "how many lives, how many good people are taken by wartime".
"Blessed memory to all those whose lives were taken by this war! Blessed memory to all those who gave their lives for Ukraine!
We are doing everything to drive out this war from our land," Zelenskyy said.
Previously: On Saturday, 21 January, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy with his wife, Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal and other officials took part in a farewell ceremony for the leaders and employees of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, who died as a result of a helicopter crash in Brovary.
- On the morning of 18 January, a helicopter crashed near a kindergarten in Brovary in Kyiv Oblast, causing a fire.
- The helicopter crash killed the top leadership of the Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs: Denys Monastyrskyi, Minister of Internal Affairs, Yevhen Yenin, First Deputy Interior Minister, and Yurii Lubkovych, three of the Interior Minister's aides and security guards. The data on the number of dead has differed. According to the clarified information as of 15:00, 14 dead people were found at the place of the helicopter crash, including 1 child.
- Kyrylo Tymoshenko, Deputy Head of the President’s Office, said that the helicopter crash in Brovary, Kyiv Oblast, occurred during a flight by Interior Minister Denys Monastyrskyi to one of Ukraine’s hotspots where fighting is ongoing.
- The Security Service has launched an investigation of the helicopter crash in Brovary; the main versions are violation of flight safety rules, technical malfunction and intentional actions.
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy, President of Ukraine, has called the crash of a helicopter carrying the leadership of the Ministry of Internal Affairs near a kindergarten in Brovary a consequence of the war.