Zaporizhzhia Oblast authorities have reported 15 Russian missile strikes on the oblast. The consequences of the attack are being established.
Source: Oleksandr Starukh, Head of Zaporizhzhia Oblast Military Administration, on Telegram
Quote: "Currently, we know of a dozen and a half Russian missile strikes. The consequences of the enemy attack are being established. All relevant services are operating."
Details: Starukh urged the residents to prepare for possible temporary restrictions while the damaged infrastructure is being repaired.
- The morning of 16 December started with an air-raid siren sounding throughout Ukraine. Vitalii Kim, Head of Mykolaiv Oblast Military Administration, reported on the launch of close to 60 missiles.
- Explosions rang out in Kharkiv and Dnipropetrovsk oblasts. In the capital city of Kyiv, explosions were heard in the Desnianskyi, Dniprovskyi and Holosiivskyi districts.
- In the city of Kryvyi Rih, a Russian missile struck a residential building, and people may be trapped under the rubble.
- A number of areas of the railway in Kharkiv, Kirovohrad (Kropyvnytskyi), Donetsk and Dnipropetrovsk oblasts have been cut off from electricity due to a massive Russian attack on energy facilities.
- Ukrainska Pravda sources have reported that Russia fired 72 missiles on Ukraine by 9:00.